Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Squirrel scratch , should I see a doctor?

When I put out my trash a small grey looking squirell with little hair on it , jumped on my leg and scratched me up. I am also 8 1/2 months pregnant. Should I go get the scratch checked out?Squirrel scratch , should I see a doctor?
Eh, honestly I'd just put some neosporin on it and be done with it. From a scratch, your biggest risk is infection, and with its dirty nails, you would want to be careful of that. I would only go to the Dr. if it bit you. If it bit, there are a lot more risks, like rabies. But you wont get that from a nail scratch.Squirrel scratch , should I see a doctor?
I suggest you do call your doctor to report this and he/she will probably want to see you. All animals can spread disease and germs through their bites or scratches, especially wild animals. It is possible to also get an infection. A wild animal that has odd characteristics, such as a squirrel with little hair, may be ill and could pass something on to you. An antibiotic either orally or topically or even both may be in order to be on the safe side. You may also want to contact your local government office to report this as they may want to try to catch the animal. Typically squirrels do not approach people in this way.
Its probaly OK if the squirrell didnt bite you. You scared the animal %26amp; it reacted. It probably wasn't rabid or anything.





But if you were my wfve youwould see the doctor any way, just to be safe
Of course. Even if you ';think'; nothing is wrong with you, going to the doctors is a better, and safer idea.
squirels can carry alot of bacteria that is harmful, when you are sctratched by any wild animal you should see a doctor.
That would scare the **** out of me- normally squirrels run from you, so yes- I would get it checked out.
yes because the squuirell probbly have rabbies
I do believe you should go because it a wild animal!
yes you should go get it check before it ineffect into your skin or the pregants
yes

No comments:

Post a Comment