Saturday, August 21, 2010

Squirrel Proofing?

I have squirrels that keep chewing holes in my roof trim and residing in my attic/walls. I have patched these holes with spray foam and steel wool and neither work. They are climbing up my rear fire escape so I just cannot remove it. Its to the point now that I have to replace the trim. What can I use that is 100% Squirrel proof?Squirrel Proofing?
put your trim up and put smooth tin over the trimSquirrel Proofing?
Call your local county extension office - they may have some suggestions for you.





We had a similar problem a couple of years ago... we covered over the openings in our soffit with some very strong wire mesh. We left the edges rough and sticking out as well. Not very attractive - but it did the job!





We put the mesh up in the middle of the day so that the squirrels would be gone foraging. Squirrels have a very fast metabolism and would not live long if trapped in your attic - but the smell would be horrendous! (Not to mention the flies, etc.) Sadly - I know from experience!





I will admit, also, that I poisoned the little rodents as well. The day before closing up the hole, we put some rat poison pellets in some peanut butter on plastic spoons and tossed them up into the opening. The poison didn't activate in their bodies until they drank water the next day - so they didn't die in my attic.





I know that there is a smelly, gooey substance you can place in areas where you don't want birds nesting. We used it at some of the apartment communities I managed. Perhaps there is something similar for squirrels.
but a pellet gun and shoot the little suckers
Get a B-B gun and take the little monsters out!!!
Repair your, holes and put hair in a old sock and hang it near the entrace the little buggers use this will get ride of the nut eaters also racoons and any other little critters that want to share you home. try getting rid of squirls on any search engine
A B. F. C. Or you could just get a cat and let it loose. Chlorine works but smells, lemon or lime juice works until it`s washed away. A plastic owl has been known to keep the beggars away also. Good luck. Took me 3 months to get gid of all the racoon family. Couldn`t access all the attic. Now I have 2 new skylights. Another thing is cat or dog hair tied around the area to fool them into thinking there are other animals in the area. They also do not like hand soap, except ivory.
Here is a web site link for people with the same problem you have. Problems and solutions are posted there and it looks pretty good. / http://www.scatmat.com/community/forum/v鈥?/a> GOOD LUCK
  • facebook.com
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment