Saturday, August 21, 2010

Has anyone ever owned a pet squirrel?

My Dad had one named Sam that he raised from a little baby. He was a great pet, but he would sit at the window and look outside.





One day, my Dad said it was time for Sam to find his way home. He opened the door, Sam headed out, ran up the tree in the front yard, and was a happy camper ever after...Has anyone ever owned a pet squirrel?
My kids had 1 for about a week but it was an orphan %26amp; died.Has anyone ever owned a pet squirrel?
Once I had to take care of baby squirrels at a nature center. It was cool!
we did about 30yrs ago. but he bit a girl that was pestring him, so we took him out to some trees and let him go.
They are just bushy-tailed RATS.
WOW!! That would be so cool if someone has.
my nieghbors had one it ate peanuts out of their pockets and hid in their shirts ..This squirrel lived outside wild and came to them when they called it. One day I saw it and tried to pet it ..and it bit my finger clean through the bone
Yes had one for almost a year, found it in the yard after a storm. Not the best of pets,they're meant to be in the wild.
Years ago a friend gave us a little Chipmunk. They'd raised 4 orphans, using an eye dropper to give them milk. CHipper was a fun pet - he'd sit on my shoulder while I washed dishes (once he fell in!), we had no biting problem, we did have to use fingernail clippers to trim back his teeth (they grow continually), but he was okay with it. My daughter loved him. He lived in a big cage on our back porch and when winter came along we gave him a big coffee can stuffed with cotton to hibernate in. The first winter he did fine, but the second he never woke up.
My Daddy has.
i have owned a pet squirrel and it was very hard to train! but it had an obsession to sleep in my CLEAN laundrey! and it slept with me once and a while. when i wasnt home it opened up its cage and chased my 2 dogs! so we eventually had to get rid of it. i wouldnt suggest it as a pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment