Saturday, August 21, 2010

Anyone ever tame a squirrel? I did, he comes to me when I call him!?

His nickname is PB short for peanut butter :) He is so adorable. I feed him peanuts in the shell, and don't do it every single day. But its so wild that he comes running to me when I call his name....its so awesome! Never been bit, nor do I expect to be. He grabs my thumb for support sometimes, almost like a bonding thing.Anyone ever tame a squirrel? I did, he comes to me when I call him!?
I never tamed one, but once my husband and I went to a park in downtown Houston, and we were hand-feeding a squirrel Cheetos. After awhile, my 2 year-old niece tried, and he took them from her, too! Then the squirrel was sitting on a branch above our picnic table, and my husband put a Cheeto in his mouth and stood by the tree just under the branch, and the squirrel came down the tree and took the Cheeto right out of his mouth!! I have a picture to prove it. It was sooo cool!!! I'll keep that picture forever!Anyone ever tame a squirrel? I did, he comes to me when I call him!?
Yes, I have. I have a whole family of squirrels at work that come to me everyday for their peanut butter or whatever I have to feed them. My favorite is named Barkey. I also feed the skunks and the foxes so they won't cross the highway and get hit by cars.
no. but my family was attacked by birds when i was like 7. that wasn't cute.
Geee, great job of domesticating a wild animal!





Now the squirrel knows that people = food and will bother them. And if she doesn't get what she wants, she'll bite them and infect them with rabies. But I guess that's alright, because it looks so cute when it's eating your peanut butter...
My mom fed the squirrels every morning and watched them while she had her coffee. If she was running late, she had one squirrel who would knock on her door to remind her it was feeding time.
i had one his name was nerds he was sooo cute he would sit in my hand and only eat the purple nerds it was funny

No comments:

Post a Comment