Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bird and squirrel kits to make?

does anyone have a pattern or patterns to make squirrel feeders the how to ones that twirrel or bounce have alot of roaming squirrels around.Bird and squirrel kits to make?
You don't need one of those!





:-)





I discovered the absolute BEST way to keep the squirrels and other pesky mammals off your bird feeder!!!





Go to Sam's Club or some other bulk store and get yourself some red pepper flake. I say Sam's because they have sell huge amounts for cheap. You can mix the red pepper flake with the birdseed either in a bowl with a spoon, or in the bag, or if you're like me you buy large amounts of seed and keep them in a rodent-proof tupperware tub (you know, the really big ones, like 25 gallon.) I dumped all my sunflower seeds in there and then added enough red pepper flake to make me sneeze 6 times in a row, or enough where you can see lots of flakes in there. I think it actually attracts the birds because I just put mine out and there isn't a free perch on my feeder!!!! It's now covered in red and yellow finches, kinda like the red and yellow pepper flake!





Good luck! It's cheaper and easier than the kit!





Just remember to wash your hands after.Bird and squirrel kits to make?
um no
We used to take pine cones and roll them in peanut butter then roll them in seeds and nuts. We'd hang them from trees near the fence and some higher up so the birds and squirrels could get them. It was fun to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment